Last year we held a series of educational Web Cast series for aspiring architects. Aspiring architects are less seasoned or are developers that would like to move up the career ladder to become an architect. Often time the aspiring architect materials are used as a refresher for experienced architects as well.
Last year there were a number of activates from Microsoft around the aspiring architect. This included a new website on MSDN called SkyScrapr (www.skyscrapr.net). A number of webcasts and articles can be found there. Some of those include:
- Focus on Aspiring Architects – Architecture 101 (Recording)
- Architects: Why Do We Need Them?!
- Focus on Aspiring Architects – Transitioning From a Developer to an Architect (Recording)
Another point of note is the Aspiring Architect Web Cast Series. Last year we had a fantastic launch with was attended by over 1200 individuals that covered a number of strategies. The 2008 Aspiring Architect Series builds on last year’s content and covers a number of topics that are important for architects to understand. Please make sure that you have gone through the 2007 series which can be found at http://blogs.msdn.com/mohammadakif/archive/tags/Aspiring+Architects/default.aspx .
2008 Web Casts
- Introduction to the aspiring architect Web Cast series
- Services Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Service Bus – Beyond the hype
- TOGAF and Zachman, a real-world perspective
- Services Oriented Architecture (Web Cast in French)
- Interoperability (Web Cast in French)
- Realizing dynamic systems
- Web 2.0, beyond the hype
- Architecting for the user experience
- Conclusion and next steps