I have seen John Zachman present a hand full of times but never got a chance to write about it. Well Robin Meehan wrote a great post summarizing the experience with the father of Enterprise Architecture for us. Thanks!
Some interesting points of note that triggered my memory bank as well was the very clear omission on process or making the framework actionable. Also how does it relate to other processes (TOGAF, ITIL, etc.). Here are Robin's similar points:
- There was no content about how to execute an enterprise architecture process and his viewpoint seems quite academic in nature.
- He openly volunteered that the framework was an ontology but not a method…
You may also be interested in some of my other posts on John Zachman's framework:
- Making sense of architecture standards
- Can you Easily Compare EA Frameworks?
- What EA framework do you use?
- Zachman Updates his Framework