Over the past few weeks MEGA an enterprise architecture (EA) tools provider, has recently announced MEGA for the TOGAF framework and Business architecture solutions. I wanted to raise awareness of this update as a news item rather than an endorsement of the product.
MEGA promises users that they can choose to begin an EA project using MEGA for TOGAF, then move seamlessly to a wider implementation using MEGA Process (BPMN Edition) and MEGA Architecture. It seems as if these announcements are aligning business architecture with the technology/solution architecture centric TOGAF.
MEGA says they will aid TOGAF practitioners in these ways:
- Ensure EA project success by following the comprehensive Architecture Development Method (ADM).
- Facilitate project communication to all stakeholders with the collaborative development of TOGAF 9 deliverables.
- Customize the implementation of TOGAF and ensure all projects deliverables are aligned.
- Build current and future state transition architectures and compare them.
- Identify, document, and publish technical reference models.
MEGA also communicates the value proposition to business architects as well:
- assess and streamline major investments
- improve customer information management
- consolidate post-merger, post-acquisition business units and product lines
- incorporate outsourced and partner solutions
- conform to compliance and audit requirements