Below is my session, I take a future look at where I see the Enterprise Architecture industry going.
The New World of Enterprise Architecture, from IT Architecture to Enterprise Architecture
Principal Architect, Enterprise Strategy & Architecture, Microsoft
Enterprise Architecture organizations have struggled for decades to find their way, the journey from IT Architecture to Enterprise Architecture has been long and hard to reach the right focus and level of partnership with the business. The industry has now reached to what is the beginning of the New World of Enterprise Architecture. In this new world of Enterprise Architecture it doesn’t align to the business but rather it truly partners with the business to accelerate and amplify business value.
In this presentation we will discuss:
- How to best navigate the new landscape of Enterprise Architecture
- How to change the mindset of Enterprise Architects
- Identification of key industry methods to complement the standardized TOGAF framework
- Models and tools that aid in identification of business value
- Microsoft’s unique position and methods they use to solve these problems internally within their Enterprise Architecture team and within strategic engagements with customers
- Conference Site: http://www.opengroup.org/austin2011/
- Open Group Session Abstract: The New World of Enterprise Architecture, from IT Architecture to Enterprise Architecture